Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ELF Essentials Lipstick Review: 4 Shade Swatches

Last week i had noticed my local target had replaced and added some new ELF Items in the small display isle they have. I was excited to see they had added The Essentials Lipsticks that are fairly new to ELF Cosmetics. I picked up the 4 colors they had in stock. I have been dying to try the ELF Mineral Lipstick so i figured i would start with these and see if the quality was worth upgrading to the mineral line.


Brand: ELF Cosmetics Essentials Lipstick
Pros: Affordable & inexpensive, Smells great, in stores, Long Lasting, High pigmentation.
Cons: Can stain lips/skin, drying, online/shipping cost, limited supply in stores
My personal thoughts: I purchased these lipsticks for $1.00 each at my local target in my area. Once you open the silver cap you immediately get a sweet fruity smell which is to DIE for! The moisture rich formula hydrates, conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips, although after a few hours my lips did feel dry so i needed to add some chapstick as well which normally happens with most lipsticks. With one swipe you get great pigmentation that can be blended out or built up for a more dramatic look. The lipsticks look so much darker in the tubes so i was thinking i was buying all darker pinks, corals & reds but they are actually great for every day use to special occasion or even a night out. The smell of course makes me reach for these more as well because its almost intoxicating!!
End Results: I LOVE LOVE these are rate them 5 out of 5 stars. The price, smell, and pigmentation make these an amazing AND must have buy! I would even use these on my younger clients!


SWATCHES
In order from left to right:
Classy, Seductive, Posh, Gypsy

In All its a great purchase! Would you purchase these? Or tried these lipsticks? whats your favorite color out of the bunch?
I personally have found that i wear classy & seductive during the day more & Gypsy more at night because its not to dramatic but the perfect pop of color!

XOXOXO
Ashes

Disclaimer: All products reviewed & swatches in this blog are my own honest, personal experiences with this product. I purchased these items with my own earnings and am not affiliated with any company.

3 comments:

Tracy D said...

I have one from the mineral or studio line..the $5 one anyway, and I really like it too. It doesn't have the same smell as you describe here but it is creamy, goes on well and has decent staying power. I have Runway Pink, it's a soft nude-ish pink :)

A Vintage Affair with Beauty said...

Good to know tracy! i have been wanting to order some mineral lipsticks form them online but i havent been to sure, i might next time.. or maybe wait to see if they hit target lol!

Anonymous said...

First off your blog is adorable....and second I love to know that I'm not the only one impressed with the ELF line. Thanks for the swatches.