Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wet n Wild Spring Collection Review & Love

As you can see i picked up three of the new Wet n Wild 3 shadow coloricon palettes from the spring 2011 collection when they first hit the stores a few weeks ago. Although there are a few other quads i really only liked these three and couldn't be happier with my selections! These shadow sets are a 1.2.3 step system to help even the clueless create a perfect eyeshadow look with a browbone, crease & lid color imprinted into the shadow! From Left to Right in the pictures above & below: #335-Silent Treatment #332 I'm feeling Retro #331 I dream of greenie!
Brand: Wet n Wild Coloricon trios
Company claims: Beautifully enhances eye colors, all day crease-resistant color
Pros: Affordable, compact & light, 3 step instructions on back, silky, highly pigmented
Cons: limited edition, sponge brush included, powdery
My Personal Thoughts: I purchased my set from my local walgreens for $2.49 each (50% off sale). I was VERY skeptical about purchasing these trios at first, i mean i loved the coloricon 6 shadow sets but these i hadn't heard anything about.. Literally! But once again wnw (wet n wild) pulls it off again with amazing palettes that seriously are straight out of an 88 eyeshadow palette &  alot of the new colors are dupes for MAC shadows/pigments! These are soft, silky eyeshadow that are highly pigmented, glide on easily without effort & last! Although they are a bit powdery and can leave alot of fall out using a big paddle brush at the end and swiping it across my lids help take care of that problem!
How i describe these palettes in my own words:
Silent Treatment - heaven in a palette (my go to palette on the go or everyday wear)
I'm feeling Retro- The 80's flashback palette - duuude!!
I dream of greenie- its like spring and Easter threw up in a palette totally addicting!!
End Result: I couldn't be happier & highly recommend anyone to pick these up or at least try the existing trios because they are nothing but amazing and a savor to all our wallets! i rate these 5 stars!!!

This was one swipe from the palette to my forearm with out having any primer or base underneath.. yupp there that awesome!



XOXOXO
Ashes

5 comments:

Alex said...

very nice colors!

Aquaheart said...

Great review! Silent Treatment is my fav! :D

Cydonian said...

I have Silent Treatment and I Dream of Greenie, did you find the dark shade in Silent Treatment to blend a bit difficult? I didn't have any issue with the green... maybe I was just having an off day!

PrincessBritt said...

I am so jealous! lol I tried to no avail to get my hands on some of these... everywhere I went they were sold out! They look awesome. Great review!! xoxo ;)

Tracy D said...

Found you thru beautylish, now following. Really enjoy your blog. Silent Treatment is on my wish list, great review!