Monday, December 13, 2010

WANTED: Matte Liquid Foundation


I have been using the Neutrogena Skin clearing foundation for about 2 years and i have been very happy with it! But i am still always using my Pur minerals pressed powder to matte out my face, even then i don't get the effect i want.

Is there any Matte foundations you guys & gals use and love or would recommend? i used the dream matte mousse and its horrible! it cakey and makes my oily skin look dry (weird reverse effect huh!) i have tried the MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte velvet foundation on my hand at sephora but i am just not sold on MUFES foundations, they are so over priced and i always hear mixed reviews. i could always go to MAC but i am afraid my sensitive skin will just break out, but i am not sure haha!

What do y'all use for your everyday foundation Routine? 

Why Matte foundation? Since the beginning of the Hollywood pin-ups and glamour dolls a very full coverage flawless matte finished face was a must have. its not only flattering but versatile! you can add highlights, shimmers, bronzers, or stay matte with a sheer wash of color on the cheeks. The shimmer or shine, if any was left to the eyes or the lips! This is what i try and achieve with my everyday foundation!

I am saving for a Dinair Airbrush system, since its the best fit for me and the foundation is water based and gives a matte finish, till then i need an alternative! Thanks again gorgeous!
XOXOXOXO
Ashes

3 comments:

Monica said...

Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo. I have oily, acne prone skin and this stuff works fantastically for a matte effect, no powder needed! I apply with a damp sponge. Coverage is full so you don't need to use a lot. It lasts all day. It doesn't break me out so long as I thoroughly remove it at night. Give it a shot!

All Made Up said...

I've been meaning to try the Neutrogena Skin clearing foundation for AGES! Just havent got around to it cos we cant get it where I live so I'd have to order it online :)

A few of my matte favourites are Rimmels Stay Matte, revlons colourstay and Chanels Mat Lumiere ♥

Jes said...

I recently purchased a new foundation that I absolutely love! I've actually turned several of my friends on to it as well...here's my review...the brand is Lorac...I love the concealer/highlighter as well.

http://rightsideisdifferent.blogspot.com

Check under the date Dec. 14, 2010 Let me know what you think!